Model managed care contracts
The Apple Health (Medicaid) model managed care contracts (for reference only) identify the requirements and guidelines managed care organizations (MCO) must follow when providing access to health care services.
Model managed care contracts are used to help MCOs:
- Improve access to appropriate, safe, evidence-based health care services.
- Provide client education on appropriate use of medical services.
- Improve clients’ health and well-being by partnering with the health care community
- Improve linkages to other Department of Social and Health (DSHS) and community services.
- Improve access to medical homes.
- Collaborate with the Washington Department of Health to improve the health of Washington citizens.
Important! Posted contracts are not official versions and may not be accurate due to potential amendments.
2017 model contracts (for reference only)
- Apple Health (Medicaid) managed care contract (updated 7/1/2017)
- Apple Health Foster Care contract (updated 7/1/2017)
- Apple Health - Fully Integrated Managed Care contract (updated 7/1/2017)
- Apple Health - Fully Integrated Managed Care – Behavioral Health Services wrap-around contract (updated 7/1/2017)