Our mission, vision, and values
The Health Care Authority (HCA) purchases whole-person health care for nearly a third of the state's residents. We use our purchasing power to get high-quality care at the best price.
Our agency 2022-25 strategic plan guides the work we do on behalf of Washington residents, and helps with decisions about budget and policy priorities.
Provide equitable, high-quality health care through innovative health policies and purchasing strategies.
A healthier Washington
- People first. We put the best interest of the people we serve and our employees first.
- Diversity and inclusion. We value work and life experiences while practicing cultural humility with the people we serve and each other.
- Health equity. We help ensure everyone has the opportunity to obtain whole-person health.
- Innovation. We develop creative solutions and put them into action to improve our processes, systems, and services.
- Stewardship. We are accountable for the use of resources entrusted to us as public servants.
- Ensure equitable access to integrated, whole-person care
- Achieve value-based care through aligned payments and systems
- Build person- and community-centered systems