HCA’s lobby is temporarily closed for walk-in customer service. Learn about customer service options.
Change my coverage
On this page
Annual open enrollment is held in the fall. To make any of the changes below we must receive the required forms no later than the last day of open enrollment. The change will become effective January 1 of the next year.
- Change your medical or dental plans.
- Enroll or remove dependents.
The SEBB Program must receive the appropriate SEBB Continuation Coverage (COBRA) Election/Change or SEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) Election/Change form within the timelines.
There are some changes you can make any time during the year without a special open enrollment event. Use the SEBB Continuation Coverage (COBRA) Election/Change or SEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) Election/Change form unless otherwise noted.
- Change your name.
- Cancel coverage.
- Remove a dependent from coverage.
- Remove dependents from coverage due to loss of eligibility (required). The SEBB Program must receive your completed form no later than 60 days after the event.
- Change your or a dependent’s tobacco use premium surcharge attestation. Use the SEBB Premium Surcharge Attestation Change form.
- Change your life insurance beneficiary information. Use the MetLife Beneficiary Designation form, or call MetLife at 1-833-854-9624.
- Manage your Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution or beneficiary information.
- Send us a secure message. You need to set up an account to protect your privacy and sensitive health information. By using our secure messaging system, we can ensure that your data is safeguarded.
- Submit the SEBB Continuation Coverage (COBRA) Election/Change or SEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) Election/Change form.
- Call 1-800-200-1004 (toll-free) (TRS: 711) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fax a letter with your name and new address to 360-725-0771.
- Mail us your new address to:
Health Care Authority
PO Box 42720
Olympia, WA 98504-2720
If you sign up for Marketplace coverage instead of SEBB Continuation Coverage, you cannot switch to SEBB Continuation Coverage under any circumstances.
If you sign up for SEBB Continuation Coverage, you can switch to a Marketplace plan during the Marketplace’s open enrollment period or if you have another qualifying event that triggers a special enrollment period (such as marriage or birth of a child). If you cancel SEBB Continuation Coverage early without another qualifying special open enrollment event, you will have to wait to enroll in Marketplace coverage until the next Marketplace open enrollment period. You could end up without any health plan coverage and may be charged high out-of-pocket costs if you receive health care services.
Once your SEBB Continuation Coverage expires, you will be eligible to enroll in Marketplace coverage through a special enrollment period, even if the Marketplace open enrollment period has ended.
In most cases, the change will occur the first day of the month after the date of the event or the date we receive your forms, whichever is later. If that day is the first of the month, the enrollment change begins on that day.
The SEBB Program
Send us a secure message. You need to set up an account to protect your privacy and sensitive health information. By using our secure messaging system we can ensure that your data is safeguarded.