Apple Health public health emergency (PHE)
Important: Stay covered! Are you enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage? It may be time to complete your renewal. Make sure your address and phone number are up to date so you can stay enrolled. Report a change.
Premium payment program
Find information about the Premium Payment Program that may provide reimbursement for private health insurance coverage for those receiving Apple Health (Medicaid), WAC 182-558.
What is the Premium Payment Program?
- Helps people on Apple Health take advantage of private health insurance in a way that saves the state money.
- Reduce health care costs to the state.
- Provides reimbursement for private health insurance coverage when an Apple Health client has access to private health insurance coverage, such as through an employer or private policy.
How can the Premium Payment Program help?
- Keep Apple Health and private health insurance.
- Family members not covered by Apple Health may also be included in the premium payment if it is determined to be cost effective.
- Apple Health coverage does not terminate by enrolling in the program.
Do I qualify for premium payment assistance?
You must have Apple Health coverage before applying for the Premium Payment Program.
If no one in your family receives Apple Health coverage, go to wahealthplanfinder.org to see if you qualify.
Private health insurance that qualifies for the Premium Payment Program includes:
- Private health insurance (plans purchased through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange or the Washington Healthplanfinder receiving Premium Tax Credits are not eligible for reimbursement).
- Employer sponsored insurance made available through your employment
- COBRA continuing your job's health insurance if you become unemployed
How do I apply for premium payment assistance?
Complete, print out, and sign this intake form for premium assistance.
Complete, print out, and sign the IRS W-9 form. This form is required information for the subscriber's private insurance plan.
Mail these documents to:
Premium Payment Program
Health Care Authority
PO Box 45518
Olympia, WA 98504-5518
Fax: 877-893-3810 (toll free)
It may take up to 30 days to process your application after we receive all the necessary paperwork.