Our Cherry Street Plaza lobby is now open for walk-in service from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Learn about other customer support options.

Change my coverage

Learn the requirements to make changes to your PEBB Continuation Coverage. Most changes can be made during annual open enrollment or during a special open enrollment.

What changes can I make during open enrollment?

Annual open enrollment is held in the fall. To make any of the changes below we must receive the required forms no later than the last day of open enrollment. The change will become effective January 1 of the next year.

  • Change your medical or dental plans.
  • Enroll or remove dependents.

The PEBB Program must receive the appropriate PEBB Continuation Coverage (COBRA) Election/Change or PEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) Election/Change form within the timelines. You may also make some changes using PEBB My Account.

Changes you can make online

During open enrollment you can make certain changes online using PEBB My Account. You can:

  • Change your medical and dental plans.
  • Remove dependents from your coverage.

Note: Please print or save your confirmation page when you’ve completed your changes. Check back in two business days to verify the coverage you selected and your spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage attestation is correct.

When you submit an online plan change, please wait two business days to make any additional online plan changes.

What changes can I make any time?

There are some changes you can make anytime during the year without a special open enrollment. Use the PEBB Continuation Coverage (COBRA) Election/Change or PEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) Election/Change form unless otherwise noted.

  • Change your name. 
  • Cancel coverage.
  • Remove a dependent from coverage.
  • Remove dependents from coverage due to loss of eligibility (required). The PEBB Program must receive your form no later than 60 days after the event.
  • Change your or a dependent’s tobacco use premium surcharge attestation. Use the PEBB Premium Surcharge Attestation Change form or log in to PEBB My Account.
  • Change your life insurance beneficiary information. Use the MetLife Beneficiary Designation form, or call MetLife at 1-866-548-7139.
  • Apply for, cancel, or change auto or home insurance coverage.
  • Manage your Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution and beneficiary information. UMP members, call 1-844-351-6853 (TRS: 711). Kaiser Permanente members, call 1-877-873-8823 (TRS: 711).

How do I change my address?

There are several ways to notify us of your address change:

Switching between COBRA and the Marketplace

If you sign up for Marketplace coverage instead of PEBB Continuation Coverage, you cannot switch to PEBB Continuation Coverage under any circumstances.

If you sign up for PEBB Continuation Coverage, you can switch to a Marketplace plan during the Marketplace’s open enrollment period or if you have another qualifying event that triggers a special enrollment period (such as marriage or birth of a child). If you cancel PEBB Continuation Coverage early without another qualifying special open enrollment event, you will have to wait to enroll in Marketplace coverage until the next Marketplace open enrollment period. You could end up without any health plan coverage and may be charged high out-of-pocket costs if you receive health care services.

Once your PEBB Continuation Coverage expires, you will be eligible to enroll in Marketplace coverage through a special enrollment period, even if the Marketplace open enrollment period has ended.

When do changes take effect?

In most cases, the change will occur the first day of the month after the date of the event or the date we receive your forms, whichever is later. If that day is the first of the month, the enrollment change begins on that day.


The PEBB Program
Phone: 1-800-200-1004 
(TRS: 711)

HCA Support (secure, login portal with your personal account)
Send us a secure message through HCA Support, a secure website that allows you to log into your own account to communicate with us. You will need to set up a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to use this option.