Apply for or renew coverage
On this page
How to apply for or renew Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage
Apply for or renew your Apple Health coverage online through Washington Healthplanfinder if you are:
- An adult age 19 to 64 years old.
- Applying for children.
- A parent or caretaker applying with children.
- Pregnant or applying for someone who is pregnant.
You have several options to apply for or renew coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Healthplanfinder - select the "Apply Now" button.
- Mobile app: Download the WAPlanfinder app – select “sign in” or “create an account”.
- Phone: Call the Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.
- Paper: Submit an Application for health care coverage (18-001P).
- In-person: Local resources who, at no additional cost, can help you apply for health coverage.
When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need:
- Your household monthly income.
- Your immigration information, if that applies to you.
- Dates of birth for each member of your household.
- Social Security numbers (SSN) for each household member who is applying for coverage and has a SSN. Some programs do not require a SSN. For more information visit our SSN eligibility webpage.
If you’re accepted, you'll receive a ProviderOne services card in about two weeks. Coverage will begin on the first day of the month in which the application was submitted. You'll have the option to select a managed care plan online or you'll be auto-enrolled into a plan.
If you’re not eligible for Apple Health, you may qualify for help with your health insurance or for other health services. The Washington Healthplanfinder website or WAPlanfinder mobile app will help you with that.
Missed the Apple Health renewal deadline?
If you've missed the deadline to renew, but you would like to continue coverage, please contact us as soon as possible. If we find you eligible within 90 days after the date you lost coverage, we will cover you for the period you were without coverage.
The fastest way to renew your lost coverage is to go online. You may also call 1-855-923-4633.
How to apply for or renew Apple Health Classic Medicaid coverage
Apply for Apple Health Classic Medicaid coverage online through Washington Connection if you are:
- An adult age 65 or older.
- Blind or disabled.
- Need long-term services and supports.
You have several options to apply for or renew Classic Medicaid coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Connection - select "Apply Now."
- Paper: Submit an Application for aged, blind, disabled/long-term care coverage (HCA 18-005).
- Phone: Request an application by calling 1-877-501-2233.
- In-person: Visit your local Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) office.
- For Aged, Blind or Disabled coverage: DSHS Community Services Office
- For Long-term Services and Supports: Home and Community Services Office
If you're found eligible for coverage, you'll receive a ProviderOne services card in about two weeks. Coverage will begin on the first day of the month you submitted your application. You'll be auto-enrolled into an Apple Health managed care plan.
Now that you're enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage, these two resources will explain what to expect next: