Health Information Exchange (HIE) Oversight Panel
Washington’s statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE) represents a unique public/private partnership. It is operated by OneHealthPort (OHP) under the terms of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) dated February 8, 2014, and entered into by OHP and the Washington State Healthcare Authority (HCA). The MOU provides for the appointment of the HIE Oversight Panel.
The HIE Oversight Panel is accountable to both OHP and HCA. It's ongoing roles and responsibilities are to review OneHealthPort HIE’s:
- Pricing model to ensure its continuing compliance.
- Security and privacy policies to ensure their continuing compliance.
- Access practices to ensure their continuing compliance.
|Date and time||Location||Materials|
|April 18, 2024
|October 17, 2024
|Date and time||Materials|
|September 15, 2023|
- Related laws
- RCW 41.05.035: HCA directed to implement health information infrastructure to facilitate the secure exchange of health information.
- RCW 41.05.039: HCA directed to designate a "lead organization" to implement and operate the state HIE.
- RCW 41.05.042: Lead organization directed to identify, and create processes for, exchange of high value health data from health data providers.