Mental health services
The Health Care Authority (HCA) provides funding and oversight for mental health services for people enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid).
Do you need immediate assistance?
For a life-threatening emergency: Call 911.
For suicide prevention: Contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TRS: 1-800-799-4889).
For 24-hour emotional support and referrals: Contact the Washington Recovery Help Line or the mental health crisis line in your area.
On this page
See what mental health services are available to you as an Apple Health (Medicaid) client.
How do I get Apple Health (Medicaid) mental health services?
If you are currently an Apple Health client and are seeking mental health services, you have coverage.
- Contact your managed care plan for assistance.
- Contact HCA if you have not enrolled in managed care.
To apply for Apple Health coverage, visit Washington Healthplanfinder.
What types of services are available?
We support the following types of mental health services:
- Crisis — acute/inpatient mental health care
- Services for American Indians/Alaska Natives
- State psychiatric hospitals
- Services for children
- Peer support
For complete details about Apple Health mental health services, download your Apple Health client booklet.
Are there member satisfaction surveys?
At least once a year, a voluntary survey will be sent to see how you or your family member feels about the services you received. If you are contacted please take the time to respond. Your voice is the best way to improve the quality of your care. Any information you provide will be confidential.
More information for clients and families
- Behavioral health - administrative services organizations (BH-ASO)
- Ricky's Law and involuntary treatment
- Signs of a mental health condition
- Mental health for older adults
- Filing a petition to detain a family member (Joel's Law)
- Ombudsman services
- Mental health advance directives
- Client rights
- Disaster outreach
- Mental health month communication toolkit