HCA’s lobby is temporarily closed for walk-in customer service. Learn about customer service options.
ProviderOne Billing and Resource Guide
On this page
The ProviderOne Billing and Resource Guide gives step-by-step instruction to help provider billing staff:
- Find client eligibility for services.
- Bill in a timely fashion.
- Receive accurate payments for covered services.
The guide is intended to:
- Strengthen the current instructions that apply to nearly all types of providers.
- Respond to provider requests for more step-by-step reference materials for ProviderOne.
The appendixes below are included in the complete guide. They are presented here for your convenience.
Appendix C - Managed care organizations (MCOs)
Appendix D - Casualty claims and health insurance claims
Appendix E - Benefit services packages
Appendix G - How to check status of an authorization
Appendix H - Cover sheets for backup documentation
Appendix I - Taxonomy and ProviderOne
Appendix J - Medicare crossover claim payment methodology
Appendix K - Checking claim status with IVR
Appendix L - Checking warrants with IVR
All Apple Health (Medicaid) providers (excluding Tribal billing offices) are required to submit electronic claims for Apple Health (Medicaid) services. Providers may seek approval to submit paper claims if they are in a temporary or long-term situation outside of their control that precludes submission of claims electronically.
If you have not transitioned to electronic billing, use the following tools to understand what you need to do:
- Direct Data Entry (DDE) webinar for billing dental claims (webinar)
- Direct Data Entry (DDE) webinar for billing professional claims (webinar)
- Request a Waiver from Electronic Billing
- Elimination of Paper Claims frequently asked questions
- How to resubmit a paper claim using ProviderOne
- Paper Claim Billing Resource for providers approved to continue paper billing
Use the provider billing guides and rates and fee schedules as companions to the billing and resource guide. You will use these regularly as you submit your claims.
Note: We make updates as needed to reflect current policy, program updates, and ProviderOne system enhancements. For best results, bookmark this page so that you are always using the most up-to-date version of the guide.