Alcohol use treatment
Alcohol use treatment services are available for people enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid).
Do you need immediate assistance?
On this page
One standard drink is equal to 0.6 fluid ounces of alcohol or 14 grams of pure alcohol.
That equals one 12 ounce can of beer, one five ounce glass of wine, or one and a half ounces of 80 proof liquor (one shot).
Some of the risks of drinking include:
- Alcohol dependence
- Blood clotting/low iron levels
- Failure to fulfill obligations
- High blood pressure
- Premature aging
For more details on the affects of alcohol, download Alcohol: know the facts.
If you are concerned about your alcohol use, learn more about the affects of alcohol use and discuss options with your treatment provider:
- Understanding Substance Use Disorder
- Drinking levels defined
- Beyond Hangover: Understanding alcohol's impact on your health
- Finding and getting help
If you are enrolled in Apple Health
- Contact your managed care organization (MCO) for a treatment provider.
Use the Alcohol Treatment Navigator to assist you in the search for treatment that is right for you.