Change my coverage
Learn how and when to make changes to your coverage. Most changes can be made during annual open enrollment or when a life event creates a special open enrollment.
On this page
Changes are effective January 1 of the following year.
- Enroll in or opt out of the state's premium payment plan.
- Use SEBB My Account to:
- Change your medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Add or remove dependents.
- Waive medical coverage.
- Enroll in a medical plan, if you previously waived medical.
- Attest to the spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge.
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) or Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP).
You can make these changes outside of annual open enrollment without a special open enrollment.
- Remove dependents from coverage due to loss of eligibility (this is required). You must make this change in SEBB My Account or your payroll or benefits office must receive the School Employee Change Form within 60 days of the last day of the month the dependent loses eligibility for SEBB health plan coverage. You may also need to provide proof of the event before the dependent can be removed.
- Apply for, cancel, change coverage amounts, and update beneficiary information for supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- Change your or a dependent's tobacco use premium surcharge attestation.
- Reduce coverage level, decline coverage, or enroll in employee-paid long-term disability insurance.
- Start, stop, or change your contribution to your Health Savings Account (HSA) and name or update your HSA beneficiary information.
You can make changes to your enrollment or health plan elections in one of the following ways.
During open enrollment
- Log in to SEBB My Account and change your selections, or
- Submit the School Employee Change Form and supporting documentation to your payroll or benefits office.
When a special open enrollment event occurs
- Log in to SEBB My Account or submit your forms and supporting documentation to your payroll or benefits office no later than 60 days after the event.
Contact your payroll or benefits office.
- During open enrollment: Changes are effective January 1 of the following year.
- For a special open enrollment: Generally, changes are effective the first day of the month after we receive your change.