HCA’s lobby is temporarily closed for walk-in customer service. Learn about customer service options.
Waive my medical coverage
You can waive your enrollment in PEBB medical coverage if you are enrolled in another employer-based group medical insurance, a TRICARE plan, or Medicare.
Important! If you waive enrollment in medical coverage, you must still enroll in dental. Also, you will be automatically enrolled in basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and employer-paid and employee-paid long-term disability (LTD) insurance. If you do nothing, you will be automatically enrolled in medical and dental coverage. Learn more about how to enroll for newly eligible employees.
On this page
Submit the PEBB Employee Enrollment/Change form to your payroll or benefits office:
- Newly eligible: No later than 31 days after the date you become eligible for PEBB benefits.
- Annual open enrollment: No later than the last day of annual open enrollment.
- Special open enrollment: No later than 60 days after the life event event. What's a special open enrollment?
- You cannot enroll your eligible dependents in PEBB medical coverage, but you can enroll them in PEBB dental coverage.
- The premium surcharges will not apply to you.
- You can participate in the SmartHealth wellness program, but you cannot qualify for the wellness incentive.
- You can enroll in supplemental life insurance, supplemental AD&D insurance, a Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) and Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP).
- You will be automatically enrolled in employee-paid LTD insurance.
You may waive your PEBB medical to enroll in SEBB medical, only if you are also enrolled in SEBB dental and vision. In doing so, you waive your enrollment in PEBB dental.
If you waived enrollment, you can enroll during open enrollment or if you have a life event that creates a special open enrollment.
Your payroll or benefits office must receive the appropriate PEBB Employee Enrollment/Change form before the end of the annual open enrollment or no later than 60 days after a special open enrollment event.
Your payroll or benefits office.