Apple Health public health emergency (PHE)
Important: Stay covered! Are you enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage? It may be time to complete your renewal. Make sure your address and phone number are up to date so you can stay enrolled. Report a change.
Apple Health Expansion
Learn about the Health Care Authority's (HCA) plan for Apple Health Expansion.
On this page
Stay up to date on Apple Health Expansion.
At the direction of the legislature, Health Care Authority (HCA) will expand health care coverage to more people. In 2022, the Legislature provided funding to HCA to explore what system and procedure changes would be needed to facilitate expansion. HCA is currently developing plans for implementing Apple Health Expansion to adults, regardless of citizenship status.
Clients may be eligible if they:
- Are a Washington resident age 19 or older,
- Have countable income under 138% of the federal poverty level, and
- Do not qualify for other Apple Health programs based on immigration status.
View eligibility and income charts for other Apple Health programs.
Medical, dental, and behavioral health services will be covered. Transportation and interpreter services will be available. HCA is developing a benefit package for Apple Health Expansion with the goal of providing similar benefits and services as other Apple Health programs. View a full list of services covered by Apple Health.
HCA is coordinating outreach with stakeholders, community organizations, Health Benefit Exchange (HBE), and Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS). Community education and outreach campaigns will provide linguistically appropriate support to facilitate enrollment for Apple Health Expansion.
Temporary Community Engagement Advisory Committee
The Temporary Community Engagement Advisory Committee is a collaboration between HCA, HBE, and DSHS that will help guide future work around the expansion of health care coverage for undocumented individuals.
Participating organizations and individuals with lived experience
- Pacific Islander Health Alliance NW (PIHA-NW)
- Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center
- Here We Go!
- Pierce County Project Access
- Pan African Community Services
- Latinos En Spokane
- Asian & Pacific Islander Coalition of Washington
- Northwest Health Law Advocates
- Latino Community Fund (LCF)
- Unidos Nueva Alianza Foundation
- Empower Next Generations
- King County Promotores Network (KCPN)
- Human Rights Protection and Global Peace
- The Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Washington
- Center for MultiCultural Health
|Wednesday, November 29, 2023||4 - 5 p.m.||
Overview of Apple Health Expansion eligibility, covered services, and other available programs
We want to ensure meetings and webinars are a safe, accessible, and inclusive space for all participants. Accommodations can be provided, including translated meeting materials, sign language interpreters and/or caption writers for committee meetings.
Email the Apple Health Expansion team to request an accommodation.
Apple Health Expansion will use existing Apple Health program data privacy and protection standards to ensure clients’ identity and information remain confidential. View HCA's notice of privacy practices for more information.
- HCA is preparing the managed care contract and will begin negotiations with all five Apple Health managed care plans in late-2023.
- HCA is requesting supplemental funding for Apple Health Expansion in the 2024 legislative session.