If you are displaced or affected by wildfire, all Washington Apple Health and PEBB/SEBB medical plans are allowing prescription refills before the refill date.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Health Information Technology
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is the Medicaid state agency in Washington, whose Health Information Technology (HIT) unit leads our state’s efforts to improve the health of our citizens through multiple federal and state projects. Learn how we lead the way on the effective sharing and use of electronic health information through these major projects.
How do I...
The HIT program seeks to:
- Advance the adoption and meaningful uses of nationally certified electronic health record systems.
- Advance statewide secure, efficient, and effective sharing and use of electronic health information across organizations and regions to:
- Improve health outcomes.
- Improve health care quality.
- Lower health care costs.
- Reduce duplication of treatments/tests.
- Advance care coordination across the health care industry.
- Move from paper records to electronic clinical records.