Electronic Health Records
On this page you will find webinars, white papers, tip sheets, and websites to help you understand the EHR program and to keep you updated on new developments and progress. If you have questions that aren't answered by these resources please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice: System upgrades delay attestations
Due to required system upgrades you will be unable to submit your Meaningful Use Attestation for 2017 Program Years 2 - 6 until the portal reopens in early August. You can only submit for 2017 Meaningful Use Year 1 at this time. The deadline for Year 1 is February 28, 2018.
This is contrary to prior notifications you may have received, we apologize for the inconvenience.
On this page
On November 14, 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule which allows Eligible Professionals to use 90-day spans for all meaningful use (MU) attestations for program year 2016.
For MU Years 2 through 6 (Meaningful Use years, not program years) you have the option of a 365-day reporting period or a 90-day reporting period.
- Using the CDR to meet MU
- Tribal/IHS/Urban EHR Incentive Program Attestation
- Selecting your payee NPI: getting paid correctly
- EHR AIU and MU documentation checklist
- Dental MU attestations - Easier than you think
- User Guide for Eligible Hospitals 2017
- Comparison of Eligible Hospital measures and objectives part 1
- Comparison of Eligible Hospital measures and objectives part 2
- EHR hospital application worksheet
- EP AIU and MU eMIPP User Guide 2015-2018
- Getting paid correctly as a servicing provider in a group practice
- Patient Volume Worksheet
- Tribal Attestations
- Using the CDR to meet MU
- Adding or updating a servicing provider
- ProviderOne User Access Request form FAQ
- CHPL public user guide
- DOH Public Health Registries - MU Audit and Documentation Information
- Stage 2 vs. Stage 3 comparison tool
- CMS Final Rule Tipsheet 2015-2018
- White Paper No. 1 - Patient Volume Calculations
- White Paper No. 3 - Payment Reassignment
- White Paper No. 4 - EHR Appeal Process
- White Paper No. 5 - Hospital Patient Volume Calculations
- White Paper No. 6 - Hospital Payment Calculations
- White Paper No. 7 - Special Issues for EPs at FQHCs and RHCs
- White Paper No. 8 - EP Patient Volume Encounter Reports
- White Paper No. 9 - Documentation Checklist
- White Paper No. 10 - Security Risk Analysis Tool
Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
These websites provide educational resources to assist you with your application and ongoing participation in the incentive program.
The CMS instructions and tip sheets for the EHR incentive program are grouped by topic and can be reached by going to:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Office of the National Coordinator
- ONC EHR certified product list
- step-by-step guide for implementing an EHR