Electronic Health Records
On this page you will find webinars, white papers, tip sheets, and websites to help you understand the EHR program and to keep you updated on new developments and progress. If you have questions that aren't answered by these resources please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice: System upgrades delay attestations
Due to system updates, the eMIPP attestation application for EPs (Eligible Providers) will shut down until August 2018 (for all years). HCA has received approval from CMS to extend the deadline for providers attesting to Meaningful Use program year 2017 to October. HCA will notify our providers when the system is back up and ready for 2017 attestations. Dual Eligible hospitals that attest Meaningful Use to Medicare still need to attest by 4/30/2018 for the 2017 payment year.
Please sign up to receive communications from HCA regarding the EHR Incentive Payment program.
On this page
On November 14, 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule which allows Eligible Professionals to use 90-day spans for all meaningful use (MU) attestations for program year 2016.
For MU Years 2 through 6 (Meaningful Use years, not program years) you have the option of a 365-day reporting period or a 90-day reporting period.
- Using the CDR to meet MU
- Tribal/IHS/Urban EHR Incentive Program Attestation
- Selecting your payee NPI: getting paid correctly
- EHR AIU and MU documentation checklist
- Dental MU attestations - Easier than you think
- User Guide for Eligible Hospitals 2017
- Comparison of Eligible Hospital measures and objectives part 1
- Comparison of Eligible Hospital measures and objectives part 2
- EHR hospital application worksheet
- EP eMIPP user guide 2017 - 2018
- Getting paid correctly as a servicing provider in a group practice
- Patient Volume Worksheet
- Tribal Attestations
- eMIPP Attestation Statement
- Using the CDR to meet MU
- Adding or updating a servicing provider
- ProviderOne User Access Request form FAQ
- CHPL public user guide
- DOH Public Health Registries - MU Audit and Documentation Information
- Stage 2 vs. Stage 3 comparison tool
- CMS Final Rule Tipsheet 2015-2018
- White Paper No. 1 - Patient Volume Calculations
- White Paper No. 3 - Payment Reassignment
- White Paper No. 4 - EHR Appeal Process
- White Paper No. 5 - Hospital Patient Volume Calculations
- White Paper No. 6 - Hospital Payment Calculations
- White Paper No. 7 - Special Issues
- White Paper No. 8 - EP Patient Volume Encounter Reports
- White Paper No. 9 - Documentation Checklist
- White Paper No. 10 - Security Risk Analysis Tool
Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
These websites provide educational resources to assist you with your application and ongoing participation in the incentive program.
The CMS instructions and tip sheets for the EHR incentive program are grouped by topic and can be reached by going to:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Office of the National Coordinator
- ONC EHR certified product list
- eCQM annual update document
- step-by-step guide for implementing an EHR
- CMS Help Desk: 888-734-6433
- CMS Security: 866-484-8049