Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed until further notice. Learn more about your virtual customer service options.

Eligibility and enrollment

Learn more about your eligibility for SEBB benefits and how to enroll as a school employee.

  • How to determine eligibility. Learn about when eligibility and coverage begins and who is eligible for benefits.
  • How to enroll walks you through the enrollment process including required forms and timelines.
  • Dependent verification provides information and a list of documents we accept to add your dependents to your coverage.
  • Waiving medical coverage. You can waive SEBB medical coverage if you are enrolled in other employer-based group medical insurance, a TRICARE plan, or Medicare. You must still enroll in dental, vision, basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment, and employer-paid long-term disability insurance.
  • Survivors. As an employee, your dependents may be able to enroll in or defer (postpone) enrollment in PEBB retiree insurance coverage as your survivors. Learn about their options and what they'll need to do to enroll.