On this page
Regence BlueShield (Regence) administers UMP medical benefits under a contract with the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA). Regence provides UMP with services such as:
- Processing medical claims
- Providing customer service for medical benefits
- Allowing members to access their personal online account information through their Regence account
- Processing preauthorization requests for medical services
- Providing a provider network
- Providing medical policies to determine criteria for coverage of medically necessary services.
- Providing care management, which supports the unique needs of UMP members with chronic, serious, or sudden illness or injury.
- Processing appeals and complaints related to medical benefits.
Regence also contracts with vendors to provide other services to UMP members. For example, Regence contracts with Omada Health to provide UMP's virtual diabetes prevention program benefit.
Washington State Rx Services administers UMP prescription drug benefits under a contract with HCA. Washington State Rx Services is a partnership of companies:
- Preauthorization, appeals, and customer service: Moda Health
- Network mail-order pharmacies: Costco Mail-Order Pharmacy and Postal Prescription Services (PPS)
- Network specialty drug pharmacy: Ardon Health
To learn more about the UMP prescription drug benefit, visit:
Note: Regence BlueShield does not provide prescription drug benefits for UMP. Always contact Washington State Rx Services with questions about prescription drug coverage for UMP plans.
HealthEquity is the trustee (manager) of the health savings account (HSA) for UMP Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) and UMP High Deductible members. HealthEquity provides a member portal, customer service, and other tools (such as a debit card) to manage the HSA. Contact HealthEquity Customer Service at 1-844-351-6853 (TRS: 711) for questions about an HSA or visit HealthEquity’s website:
Premera Blue Cross administers the Centers of Excellence (COE) Program for UMP. The COE Program offers low- to no-cost knee and hip replacement surgery and spine care to qualifying UMP Classic, UMP Select, UMP CDHP, UMP Achieve 1, UMP Achieve 2, and UMP High Deductible members.
For more information about the COE Program, read the COE Program brochure or call Premera at 1-855-784-4563 (TRS: 711).
UMP Plus covers health care services delivered through a network of providers. UMP Plus members choose either the Puget Sound High Value Network (PSHVN) or UW Medicine Accountable Care Network (UW Medicine ACN) network when they enroll.
- Puget Sound High Value Network (PSHVN)
- UW Medicine Accountable Care Network (UW Medicine ACN):
PSHVN and UW Medicine ACN deliver health care services through primary care providers, specialty providers, support providers, clinics, and hospitals. To learn more about these provider types, visit:
To find a UMP Plus provider, members search the network they are enrolled in (or considering enrolling in):
Vision coverage is provided for UMP (PEBB) members by UMP, in collaboration with Regence Choice Vision Plan administered by Vision Services Plan (VSP). VSP administers benefits for routine eye exams and hardware (prescription lenses, frames, or prescription contact lenses) and provides claims administration for this plan.
For information about the vision provider network, visit the VSP website.
For questions about routine eye exams and hardware, call VSP Member Services at 1-844-299-3041 or Deaf, DeafBlind, Late Deafened and Hard of Hearing members call 1-800-428-4833.
SEBB Program members enrolled in UMP do not get their vision benefits through UMP. For more information about SEBB vision benefits visit the Vision plan and benefits webpage (School Employees or SEBB Continuation Coverage members).