Updated: July 10, 2023
HCA is introducing a new online enrollment system called Benefits 24/7. Benefits 24/7 will integrate online account access for subscribers from the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) and School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Programs into one platform to allow for streamlined support and maintenance. This modernized web-based enrollment system will have a new look and expanded capabilities, providing self-service options for members.
Launch rescheduled to January 2024
The launch date for Benefits 24/7 has been rescheduled to January 2024. The launch was scheduled to occur in June 2023.
HCA wanted to provide more time to ensure a successful launch. HCA took members' and employers' feedback into account when determining the new launch date. We will resend the Benefits 24/7 Quick Start Guides. Please continue to use PEBB My Account or SEBB My Account.
The decision to launch in January considered several factors:
- There is a 10 to 15 percent school employee turnover in August and September, which adds unnecessary risk with introducing a new enrollment system. We want Benefit Administrators to be able to focus their attention on new school employee eligibility determinations without also having to help all school employees understand the system changes.
- During PEBB and SEBB open enrollments in October and November, we anticipate members will be more engaged with the enrollment system this year to make health plan changes. We want members to be focused on selecting the plan that best meets their needs for 2024 instead of navigating a new enrollment system. Members should continue to use PEBB My Account, SEBB My Account, or enrollment forms as needed to make enrollment changes.
- After open enrollment, in December, HCA staff and employers are continuing to key enrollment forms in time to transfer new enrollments to the carriers. This data transfer allows the carriers to distribute new ID cards and other communications to their new members before coverage starts January 1. Introducing a new enrollment system during this critical period could create a barrier to timely enrollment.
Am I required to use Benefits 24/7?
No. Paper forms will continue to be available. You will not lose coverage if you do not use Benefits 24/7.
Will my enrollment information transfer?
Yes. Benefits 24/7 is replacing PEBB My Account and SEBB My Account. Your enrollment information will move from PEBB My Account or SEBB My Account to Benefits 24/7. Your current enrollment information will not be affected.
How do I set up my new Benefits 24/7 account?
We will provide information to set up your new Benefits 24/7 account once the system is available. Until then, there is no action you need to take. Please continue to use PEBB My Account or SEBB My Account.
Who is Benefits 24/7 for?
The new enrollment system will support PEBB and SEBB subscribers and payroll and benefits office staff. (Pierce County, Washington State University, and University of Washington employees will continue to use Workday.)
What is changing?
PEBB and SEBB subscribers will be able to use Benefits 24/7 to:
- Choose insurance coverage when newly eligible, including waiving medical (employees) or deferring retiree insurance coverage (retirees).
- Apply for enrollment in retiree coverage or continuation coverage.
- Make plan changes during open enrollment.
- Submit special open enrollment requests.
- Add or remove dependents during open enrollment and manage their enrollment throughout the year.
- Upload documents to prove dependent eligibility.
- Make long-term disability insurance elections.
- Use links to visit vendors’ websites in supplemental benefits (life insurance, Flexible Spending Arrangements, and Dependent Care Assistance Program).
Visit About Benefits 24/7 for PEBB or SEBB.