Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
State v. Blake: ESB 5476 and behavioral health expansion
State v. Blake (ESB 5476) addresses justice system responses and expands behavioral health prevention, treatment, and services.
On this page
The following agencies and organizations are collaborating on the work of ESB 5476.
- Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Behavioral health administrative service organizations (BH-ASO)
- LEAD National Support Bureau (Public Defender Association)
- Department of Commerce
- Administrative Office of the Courts
Substance use recovery services plan
The plan includes measures to assist individuals with substance use disorder (SUD) in accessing outreach, treatment, and recovery support services that are low barrier, person centered, informed by people with lived experience, and culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Preliminary report
December 1, 2021
- Final Plan
December 1, 2022
- Adopt rules/contract
December 1, 2023
Homeless Outreach Stabilization Transition (HOST) expansion
HCA will expand HOST programs with the goal of increasing access to modified assertive community treatment delivered by multidisciplinary teams.
- Expand HOST programs
January 1, 2023
- Distribute grant funds
March 1, 2024
Other supportive programs
- HCA will expand efforts to provide opioid use disorder medication in city, county, regional, and tribal jails.
- HCA will increase contingency management resources for opioid treatment networks that are serving people with stimulant use disorder.
The Substance Use Recovery Services Advisory Committee will develop measures to help individuals with substance use disorder (SUD) access outreach, treatment, and recovery support services. Services will be:
- Low barrier.
- Informed by people with lived experience.
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate.
The committee will include a panel of individuals with lived experience, legislative representation, and local and national experts. If you are interested in becoming a member, submit an application by September 10, 2021.