WAC 182-515-1508 Home and community based (HCB) waiver services authorized by home and community services (HCS) — Financial eligibility using SSI-related institutional rules.
Effective February 20, 2017
- If a person is not eligible for a categorically needy (CN) program under WAC 182-515-1507, the agency determines eligibility for home and community based (HCB) waiver services authorized by home and community services (HCS) using institutional medicaid rules. This section explains how a person may qualify using institutional rules.
- A person must meet:
- General eligibility requirements under WAC 182-513-1315 and 182-515-1506;
- The resource requirements under WAC 182-513-1350;
- The following income requirements:
- Available income must be at or below the special income level (SIL), defined under WAC 182-513-1100;
- If available income is above the SIL, net available income is no greater than the effective one-person medically needy income level (MNIL). Net income is calculated by reducing available income by:
- The agency determines available income and income exclusions under WAC 182-513-1325, 182-513-1330, and 182-513-1340.
- A person eligible under this section is responsible to pay toward the cost of care and room and board, as described under WAC 182-515-1509.
- Current resource, income standards, and the average state nursing facility rate for long-term care are found at https://www.hca.wa.gov/health-care-services-and-supports/program-standard-income-and-resources.