WAC 182-513-1318 Income and resource criteria for home and community based (HCB) waiver programs and hospice.
Effective February 20, 2017
- This section provides an overview of the income and resource eligibility rules for a person to be eligible for a categorically needy (CN) home and community based (HCB) waiver program under chapter 182-515 WAC or the hospice program under WAC 182-513-1240 and 182-513-1245.
- To determine income eligibility for an SSI-related long-term care (LTC) HCB waiver, the agency or its designee:
- Determines income available under WAC 182-513-1325 and 182-513-1330;
- Excludes income under WAC 182-513-1340;
- Compares remaining gross nonexcluded income to:
- The special income level (SIL) defined under WAC 182-513-1100; or
- For HCB service programs authorized by the aging and long-term supports administration (ALTSA), a higher standard is determined following the rules under WAC 182-515-1508 if a client's income is above the SIL but net income is below the medically needy income level (MNIL).
- A person who receives MAGI-based coverage is not eligible for HCB waiver services unless found eligible based on program rules in chapter 182-515 WAC.
- To be resource eligible under the HCB waiver program, the person must:
- Meet the resource eligibility requirements and standards under WAC 182-513-1350;
- Not be in a period of ineligibility due to a transfer of asset penalty under WAC 182-513-1363;
- Disclose to the state any interest the person or that person's spouse has in an annuity and meet the annuity requirements under chapter 182-516 WAC.
- The agency or its designee determines a person's responsibility to pay toward the cost of care for LTC services as follows:
- To be eligible for the CN hospice program, see WAC 182-513-1240.
- To be eligible for the MN hospice program in a medical institution, see WAC 182-513-1245.