Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.

Change your coverage

Learn how and when to make changes to your coverage. Most changes can be made during annual open enrollment or during a special open enrollment.

Do I need to use Workday? If you work for Pierce County, Washington State University, or the University of Washington you must make changes through Workday.

Before you make changes

Before you make a change to your health plan, it is important to:

Other plan change requirements

  • You can only change medical or dental plans during open enrollment or if a special open enrollment event occurs.
  • All eligible dependents must enroll in the same health plan. (Dependents can have different providers.)
  • You may be enrolled in only one medical or dental plan. If you and your spouse or state-registered domestic partner are both eligible subscribers, you need to choose which of you will cover yourselves and your eligible children (including adult children who are also eligible for PEBB coverage as an employee). Enrolled dependents will be listed on one account, not both. However, you must enroll in dental, basic life insurance, basic AD&D insurance, and basic LTD insurance under your own account (if applicable).

What changes can I make?

Changes you can make during open enrollment

Your payroll or benefits office must receive the appropriate PEBB Employee Enrollment/Change form during open enrollment. You may also make some changes using PEBB My Account. The enrollment change will become effective January 1 of the following year.

During open enrollment you can:

Can I make any changes online?

Yes. During open enrollment you can make the following changes online using PEBB My Account or through Workday.

You can:

  • Change your medical and/or dental plans.
  • Waive medical coverage if you are enrolled in other employer-based group medical insurance, a TRICARE plan, or Medicare (coverage through the Health Benefit Exchange is not group coverage).
  • Remove dependents from your coverage.
  • Reattest to the spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge.

Please print or save your confirmation page when you’ve completed your changes. Check back in two business days to verify the coverage you selected and your spousal or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge attestation is correct.

When you submit an online plan change, please wait two business days to make any additional online plan changes.

Changes you can make at any time

You can make some changes during the year without a special open enrollment event.

How to make changes

You must submit the appropriate forms to your payroll or benefits office during annual open enrollment or when a special open enrollment event occurs.

Note: Pierce County, Washington State University, and University of Washington employees must make changes through Workday.