Public school districts
On this page
Public schools are eligible for partial reimbursement for the time their staff spend performing Medicaid administrative activities.
Eligible activities include:
- Assisting individuals in applying for or renewing Medicaid.
- Providing information or explaining about the Medicaid program and covered services.
- Assisting individuals in accessing Medicaid covered services.
School district staff participate in a quarterly Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) to determine the amount of time they spend performing Medicaid administrative activities. The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) operates the web-based time study. UMMS is available to provide system related technical assistance as needed.
The Health Care Authority (HCA) manages the Public School District Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC) Program and is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the program. HCA is available to provide program assistance as needed.
Notice: The UMMS RMTS system has been updated. Revised manuals and resources will be released when they are available.
Manuals and guides
Program manual: January 2019
Training - webinars
- Answering a moment (instructional video)
- Claiming 101 (pdf)
- Complete and certify (instructional video)
- Forgot password (instructional video)
- Participant and calendar management 101 (pdf)
- RMTS participant implementation training (pdf)
- RMTS participant implementation training (instructional video)
- Welcome back to MAC (pdf)
- Welcome to MAC (pdf)
- A 19 Invoice submission process
- Change of status form
- Coordinator calendar 2019
- Coordinator calendar list 2019
- CPE local match certification
- MAC indirect cost fact sheet
- MAC one page handout
- OSPI indirect cost FAQ
- Participant quick reference guide
- RMTS Mobile Help Sheet
- School District Contract template
- System requirements
- Tips for a successful RMTS 2019
- WA Schools MAC claiming designee form
- Work schedule group form
Medicaid Administrative Claiming
PO Box 45530
Olympia, WA 98504-5530
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Center for Health Care financing
33 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Phone: 1-800-535-6741 option 6
HCA program specialists
Email: Laura Pierpoint
Email: Kevin Curry
Email: Jonathan Rush
Email: Katherine Hudson