Physical activity enhances quality of life and overall well-being. Your efforts raise awareness and offers staff chances to feel and be their best.
Start with SmartHealth to engage staff on and off the clock. We have resources to save you time planning a physical activity campaign. Choose from SmartHealth’s activity library so staff can try new things or get credit for what they already do.
While SmartHealth offers a way to engage staff online, you can also take steps to improve your worksite through these three key strategies (policy, environmental, and individual) detailed below.
Here are a few policy changes to try:
- Relaxed dress code.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Add activity or movement into meetings (such as a walking meeting).
- Increase access to physical activity during paid work time.
Here are a few changes to the environment to try:
- Get leadership support at all levels.
- Add or designate space for physical activity (such as a fitness room or locker room).
- Add bike racks in safe, well-lit areas close to entrances.
- Decorate stair spaces.
Here are a few ways to make it easier for staff:
- Add incentives, rewards, or recognition.
- Organize clubs (such as a walking group or sports team).
- Promote nearby walking paths.
- Offer classes at work (such as yoga or dance).
Share these discounts with your staff as part of your wellness program.
Send staff to PEB Plan discounts to find out how their health plan can help them save money.