Why promote healthy eating?
Healthy eating improves how we feel. Your promotions can raise awareness, add motivation and skills, and offer opportunities to help grow a happier and healthier workforce.
How can I help?
Start with SmartHealth to add a customizable online experience to your worksite wellness efforts. Employees can join a healthy eating activity you promote from SmartHealth on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone, making it easy to stay engaged both in and out of the office.
Healthy Nutrition Guidelines
More ideas for your worksite
Your organization can also take steps to improve employee health by promoting and incorporating the following healthy eating worksite tools:
- Community supported agriculture
- Vending machines
- Farmers market
- Weight management (see below)
Your organization can offer these self-pay weight management programs for your employees.
Full Plate Living's "Are You Eating Enough to Lose Weight" online program
- How to start Are You Eating Enough to Lose Weight at your worksite
- Are You Eating Enough to Lose Weight frequently asked questions
Weight Watchers At Work program
- Choose My Plate illustrates the five food groups from the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Environmental Working Group offers Food Scores, the Dirty Dozen Guide to Food Additives, and more to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment.
- Fruits and Veggies More Matters is a health initiative focused on helping Americans increase fruit and vegetable consumption for better health.