Below are the Therapeutic Interchange Program announcements and updates to drug classes covered under the Washington Preferred Drug List.
- 5/1/2017 Drug Class Updates
- 3/1/2017, 4/1/2017 Drug Class Updates
- 1/9/2017 Drug Class Updates
- 1/1/2017 Drug Class Updates
- Hepatitis C Drug Class Updates
Defining a drug’s “preferred” or “non-preferred” status on the PDL:
- A “preferred” drug on the PDL is not subject to the Therapeutic Interchange Program (TIP).
- A “non-preferred” drug on the PDL is subject to TIP when it is included in a Drug Effectiveness Review Project (DERP) report.
- If a drug is part of a PDL drug class, but it has not been reviewed by DERP, it is considered "non-preferred". It is not subject to TIP or dispense as written, and will be covered according to each program's benefit design.