Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Tinnitus: non-invasive, non-pharmacologic treatments
Tinnitus is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. There are a variety of potential non-drug treatments for the condition, but the long and short-term effectiveness of these treatments is not certain. Treatments to be considered include tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT), tinnitus feedback therapy (TFT), and other combinations of noise-masking and cognitive therapy. This topic is proposed based on concerns related to the safety, efficacy and value of the test.
Primary criteria ranking
Safety = Medium
Efficacy = High
Cost = High
- Draft key questions published: October 8, 2019
- Public comment period: October 10 to 23, 2019
- Final key questions published: November 7, 2019
- Draft report published: February 26, 2020
- Public comment period: February 26 to March 26, 2020
- Final report published: April 13, 2020
- HTCC public meeting: May 15, 2020