Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) was first reviewed by the HTA program in 2011.
- In 2017, the HCA director selected glucose monitoring for re-review based on newly available published evidence.
- A re-review of glucose monitoring was conducted in 2018.
Glucose monitoring (CGM) was proposed for re-review based on new evidence and expanded indications for use.
Primary criteria ranking
- Safety = Medium
- Efficacy = High
- Cost = High
- Final key questions
- Final evidence report
- Final evidence report: appendices
- Peer reviews, public comments and responses
- Final findings and decision
Assessment timeline (2018)
- Draft key questions published: August 16, 2017
- Public comment period: August 16 to 29, 2017
- Final key questions published: September 14, 2017
- Draft report published: November 9, 2017
- Public comment period: November 9 to December 8, 2017
- Final report published: December 29, 2017
- HTCC public meeting: January 19, 2018