As of Wednesday, March 18, HCA’s lobby is closed. In-person customer services for Apple Health and the PEBB and SEBB Programs will not be available. Learn more.
Cochlear implants: bilateral versus unilateral
Cochlear implants are designed to perform the function of cochlear hair cells in individuals where there has been a severe loss of cochlear hair cells. The implant devices convert sound into electrical impulses that stimulate the auditory nerve. Implantation may be performed unilaterally or bilaterally.
Primary criteria ranking
- Safety = High
- Efficacy = Medium
- Cost = High
- Draft Key Questions Published: November 15, 2012
- Public Comment Period: November 15 - 29, 2012
- Draft Report Published: March 5, 2013
- Public Comment Period: March 5 - April 5, 2013
- Final Report Published: April 15, 2013
- HTCC Public Meeting: May 17, 2013