HCA’s lobby is now open for walk-in customer service. Learn about customer service options.
Psilocybin Work Group
The 2022 Washington State Legislature directed the Health Care Authority (HCA) to create a work group to study whether to make psilocybin services available in Washington. A growing body of research suggests psilocybin may be effective in the treatment of some behavioral health conditions.
About the work group
The work group works to:
- Review Oregon’s proposed rules for the regulation of psilocybin and assess the impact the adoption of similar laws and rules would have in our state, and identify areas where a different approach may be necessary or desirable.
- Review Liquor and Cannabis Board systems and procedures to monitor manufacturing, testing, and tracking of cannabis to determine whether they are suitable for use with psilocybin.
- Review the social opportunity program proposed in Senate Bill 5660 for the purpose of recommending improvements or enhancements to promote equitable access to legal psilocybin.
- Review options to integrate licensed behavioral health professionals into the practice of psilocybin therapy where appropriate.
- Deliver a preliminary report to the Governor and Legislature by December 1, 2022, and a final report by December 1, 2023.
The first Psilocybin Work Group meeting is:
- Thursday, June 30 from 1 -3 p.m. (Pacific)
- Join the Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 881 7272 0474
- Join by phone: (253) 215-8782