Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
1095-B tax form
The 1095-B is a tax form verifying you or your household member received Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage for one or more months of the previous tax year.
Note: This form is informational only and not required to complete your taxes.
1095-B form FAQs for Apple Health clients
For children, pregnant individuals, single adults and parent/caretakers receiving Apple Health coverage:
- Starting mid-January 2021, you can access your 1095-B tax from the view 1095-B Tax Form link on the Account Home tab of your account at wahealthplanfinder.org
- You can create an account anytime by visiting Washington Healthplanfinder at wahealthplanfinder.org. If you need assistance in creating your account, call the Washington Healthplanfinder at 1-855-923-4633
Note: if you have questions about your form or need to order a copy, call the Medical Assistance Customer Service Center at 1-800-562-3022.
For individuals who are aged, blind, disabled or in need of long-term services and supports who is receiving Apple Health coverage:
- Request your copy online using the Washington Apple Health web form (select "1095-B" from the drop-down menu), or
- Call the Medical Assistance Customer Service Center at 1-800-562-3022.
Starting with the 2019 plan year, individuals who do not carry health insurance will no longer be penalized for lack of health insurance. However, the Health Care Authority is still required to make this form available to you.
Yes. Follow the instructions above if you would like to request a copy of this information form.
No. Not all Apple Health coverage is minimum essential coverage, including Family Planning, Spenddown, Alien Emergency Medical (AEM), and the Medicare Savings Program. If you or someone in your household had Apple Health coverage that is not minimum essential coverage, it will not be included on the 1095-B form. You may be exempt from the minimum essential coverage requirement. For more information, consult a tax professional or visit: irs.gov.
The other parent or guardian can request the 1095-B form. This will not prevent you from filing taxes. All the information on the 1095-B is transmitted electronically to the IRS. The 1095-B form can only be provided to the primary applicant on the Apple Health application.
Each parent or guardian who applied for and received Apple Health coverage for the child will receive the 1095-B form.
The IRS has already received the required information. No corrections or updates to the form are necessary.
Reminder: You can make changes to your current Apple Health application using one of the following options:
- For Family, Pregnancy, Children and Adult Apple Health coverage visit wahealthplanfinder.org or call the Washington Healthplanfinder at 1-855-923-4633.
- For Classic (Aged, Blind or Disabled) Apple Health coverage visit washingtonconnection.org or call 1-877-501-2233.
Do not make changes to your account by returning your 1095-B form to Health Care Authority (HCA). Please keep this form for your records.
After January, if you have an account in Washington Healthplanfinder go to your message center to access your copy. If you don’t have an account you can:
- Request a reprint online using the Washington Apple Health web form (select "1095-B" from the drop-down menu), or
- Call the HCA Medical Assistance Customer Service Center (MACSC) at 1-800-562-3022.
1095-B form FAQs for tax professionals
No. The IRS does not require the 1095-B form to be included with an individual’s tax return. Information provided on the 1095-B form is electronically submitted to the IRS.