WAC 182-526-0580 Deadline for requesting review of an initial order by a review judge.
Effective March 16, 2017
- The board of appeals (BOA) must receive the written review request of an initial order on or before 5:00 p.m. on the twenty-first calendar day after the initial order was served, unless an extension of the deadline is granted by the review judge. A party may file the review request by facsimile transmission (fax). A copy of the review request should also be mailed to BOA.
- A review judge may extend the deadline to request review if a party:
- Asks for more time before the deadline expires; and
- Gives a good reason for more time.
- A review judge may accept a review request after the twenty-one calendar day deadline only if:
- BOA receives the review request on or before the thirtieth calendar day after the deadline; and
- A party shows good cause for missing the deadline.
- The time periods provided by this section for requesting review of an initial order, including any extensions, does not count against a deadline, if any, for a review judge to enter the final order.