WAC 182-513-1320 Determining institutional status for long-term care (LTC) services.
Effective February 17, 2017
- To attain institutional status outside a medical institution, a person must be approved for and receive:
- Home and community based (HCB) waiver services under chapter 182-515 WAC;
- Roads to community living (RCL) services under WAC 182-513-1235;
- Program of all-inclusive care for the elderly (PACE) under WAC 182-513-1230;
- Hospice services under WAC 182-513-1240(3); or
- State-funded long-term care service under WAC 182-507-0125.
- To attain institutional status in a medical institution, a person must reside in a medical institution thirty consecutive days or more, or based on a department assessment, be likely to reside in a medical institution thirty consecutive days or more.
- Once a person meets institutional status, the person's status is not affected if the person:
- Transfers between medical facilities; or
- Changes between any of the following programs: HCB waiver, RCL, PACE, hospice or services in a medical institution.
- A person loses institutional status if the person is absent from a medical institution, or does not receive HCB waiver, RCL, PACE, or hospice services, for more than twenty-nine consecutive days.