WAC 182-510-0010 Eligibility after supplemental security income ends.
Effective July 11, 2015
- Your categorically needy (CN) coverage (WAC 182-512-0100) continues after supplemental security income (SSI) ends if:
- Countable income exceeds the SSI income standard due solely to the annual cost-of-living adjustment (COLA); or
- A timely request for a hearing has been filed. CN coverage is continued until the Social Security Administration (SSA) makes a final decision on the hearing request and on any subsequent timely appeals.
- If your SSI ends, your CN coverage continues for a period of up to one hundred twenty days while the agency reviews your eligibility for other cash or medical programs.
- If you are a terminated SSI or SSI-related recipient, the agency will review your disability status when:
- You present new medical evidence;
- Your medical condition changes significantly; or
- Your termination from SSI was not based on a review of current medical evidence.
- Children terminated from SSI due to loss of disabled status may be eligible for medical benefits under WAC 182-505-0210.