WAC 182-505-0120 Washington apple health breast and cervical cancer treatment program for women--Client eligibility.
Effective September 14, 2015
- Effective April 1, 2014, a woman is eligible for categorically needy (CN) coverage under the Washington apple health (WAH) breast and cervical cancer treatment program (BCCTP) only when she:
- Has been screened for breast or cervical cancer under the department of health's breast, cervical, and colon health program (BCCHP);
- Requires treatment for breast cancer, cervical cancer, or a related precancerous condition;
- Is under sixty-five years of age;
- Is not eligible for other WAH-CN coverage, including coverage under the MAGI-based adult group;
- Is uninsured or does not otherwise have creditable coverage;
- Meets residency requirements under WAC 182-503-0520;
- Meets Social Security number requirements under WAC 182-503-0515;
- Is a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, qualifying American Indian born abroad, or qualified alien under WAC 182-503-0535; and
- Meets the income standard set by the BCCHP in DOH form 342-031.
- The certification period for breast and cervical cancer treatment covered under this section is twelve months, as provided in WAC 182-504-0015. To remain continuously enrolled, the client must renew her eligibility before the certification period ends. Eligibility for BCCTP coverage under subsection (1)(b) of this section continues throughout the course of treatment as certified by the BCCHP. Retroactive coverage may be available under WAC 182-504-0005.