WAC 182-504-0005 Washington apple health -- Retroactive certification period.
Effective April 14, 2015.
- The medicaid agency approves a retroactive Washington apple health (WAH) certification period for the three months immediately before the month of application when an individual:
- Requests retroactive WAH on the application, within the certification period following the retroactive period, or before the determination of benefits and any appeal process is final;
- Would have been eligible for WAH for any or all of the three months if the individual had applied during the retroactive period; and
- The individual received covered medical services as described in WAC 182-501-0060 and 182-501-0065.
- When an individual is eligible only during the three-month retroactive certification period, that period is the only period of certification, except when:
- A pregnant woman is eligible in one of the three months immediately before the month of application, but no earlier than the month of conception. Eligibility continues as described in WAC 182-504-0015(3).
- A child is eligible for categorically needy (CN) WAH as described in WAC 182-505-0210(1) through (5) and (7) in at least one of the three months immediately before the month of application. Eligibility after the retroactive period continues as described in WAC 182-504-0015(9).
- An individual applying for the medically needy (MN) spenddown program may be eligible for a retroactive certification period as described in WAC 182-504-0020.
- An individual applying for a medicare savings program may be eligible for a retroactive certification period as described in WAC 182-504-0025.