Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Mental health services
The Health Care Authority (HCA) provides funding and oversight for mental health services for people enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid).
Do you need immediate assistance?
On this page
If you are currently an Apple Health client and are seeking mental health services, you have coverage.
- Contact your managed care plan for assistance.
- Contact HCA if you have not enrolled in managed care.
To apply for Apple Health coverage, visit Washington Healthplanfinder.
We support the following types of mental health services:
- Crisis — acute/inpatient mental health care
- Services for American Indians/Alaska Natives
- State psychiatric hospitals
- Services for children
- Peer support
For complete details about Apple Health mental health services, download your Apple Health client booklet.
- Behavioral health - administrative services organizations (BH-ASO)
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Ricky's Law and involuntary treatment
- Signs of a mental health condition
- Mental health for older adults
- Filing a petition to detain a family member (Joel's Law)
- Mental health advance directives
- Client rights
- Disaster outreach