WAC 182-511-1050 Health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) -- Program requirements.
Effective January 1, 2020
This section describes requirements a person must meet to be eligible for the apple health for workers with disabilities (HWD) program.
- To qualify for the HWD program, a person must:
- The HWD program does not require a resource test.
- Once approved for HWD coverage, a person must pay the monthly premium in order to continue to qualify.
- The agency calculates the premium for HWD coverage according to WAC 182-511-1250.
- If a person does not pay four consecutive monthly premiums, the person is not eligible for HWD coverage for the next four months and must pay all premium amounts owed before HWD coverage can be approved again.
- Once approved for HWD coverage, a person who experiences a job loss can choose to continue HWD coverage through the original twelve months of eligibility, if the following requirements are met:
- The job less results from an involuntary dismissal or health crisis; and
- The person continues to pay the monthly premium.