WAC 182-532-533 Family planning only program - Other covered services
WAC 182-532-533 Family planning only program—Other covered services
Effective September 1, 2013Other family planning only services covered for women may include all the following:
- An office visit directly related to a family planning problem, when medically necessary.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved prescription and nonprescription contraceptive methods, as identified in chapter 182-530 WAC.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) family planning drugs, devices, and drug-related supplies, as described in chapter 182-530 WAC.
- Sterilization procedures that meet the requirements of WAC 182-531-1550 if requested by the client and performed in an appropriate setting for the procedures.
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI), including lab tests and procedures, only when the screening and treatment are:
- For chlamydia and gonorrhea as part of the comprehensive prevention visit for family planning for women ages thirteen through twenty-five; or
- Part of an office visit that has a primary focus and diagnosis of family planning, and is medically necessary for the client's safe and effective use of her chosen contraceptive method.
- Education and supplies for FDA-approved contraceptives, natural family planning, and abstinence.