WAC 182-526-0540 Correction of clerical errors are corrected in an initial order.

WAC 182-526-0540 Correction of clerical errors in an initial order.

Effective March 16, 2017

  1. A clerical error is a mistake that does not change the intent of the initial order.
  2. The administrative law judge (ALJ) may correct clerical errors in the initial order by entering a corrected initial order. The ALJ may correct clerical errors in response to a request by one of the parties.
  3. Some examples of clerical error are:
    1. Missing or incorrect words or numbers;
    2. Dates inconsistent with the decision or evidence in the record such as using May 3, 2004, instead of May 3, 2014; or
    3. Math errors when adding the total of an overpayment.
  4. If the ALJ does not agree that the initial order contains one or more clerical errors, the ALJ enters a written order denying the request for a corrected order.

This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.