WAC 182-518-0005 Washington apple health -- Notice requirements -- General
WAC 182-518-0005 Washington apple health -- Notice requirements -- General.
Effective August 29, 2014.
- For the purposes of this chapter, "we" refers to the agency or its designee and "you" refers to the applicant for, or recipient of, health care coverage.
- This section applies only to notices and letters that we send about eligibility for Washington apple health (WAH) programs. WAC 182-501-0165 applies to notices and letters regarding prior authorization or other action on requests to cover specific fee-for-service health care services.
- We send you written notices (letters) when we:
- Approve you for health care coverage for any program;
- Reconsider your application for other types of health care coverage based on new information;
- Deny you health care coverage (including because you withdrew your application) for any program (according to rules in WAC 182-503-0080);
- Ask you for more information to decide if you can start or renew health care coverage;
- Renew your health care coverage; or
- Change or terminate your health care coverage, even if we approve you for another kind of coverage.
- We send notices to you in your primary language if you ask us to and in English according to the rules in WAC 182-503-0110. If you need help to apply for or access your health care coverage due to a disability, we follow the equal access rules in WAC 182-503-0120.
- All WAH notices we send you include the following information:
- The date of the notice;
- Specific contact information for you if you have questions or need help with the notice;
- Your appeal rights, if an appeal is available, and the availability of potentially free legal assistance; and
- Other information required by state or federal law.