WAC 182-513-1415 Assets that can't be protected under the LTC partnership provisions.
Effective February 20, 2017
The following assets cannot be protected under a LTC partnership policy.
- Resources in a trust under WAC 182-516-0100 (6) and (7).
- Annuity interests in which Washington must be named as a preferred remainder beneficiary as under WAC 182-516-0201.
- Home equity in excess of the standard under WAC 182-513-1350. Individuals who have excess home equity interest are not eligible for long-term care medicaid services.
- Any portion of the value of an asset that exceeds the dollar amount paid out by the LTC partnership policy.
- The unprotected value of any partially protected asset is subject to estate recovery described in chapter 182-527 WAC.
This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.