WAC 182-509-0325 MAGI income -- Unearned income.
Effective January 9, 2014.
For purposes of determining eligibility for modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)–based Washington apple health (WAH) (see WAC 182-509-0300):
- Unearned income is income received from a source other than employment or self-employment. Examples of unearned income include, but are not limited to:
- Tier 1 Railroad Retirement;
- Unemployment compensation, except as described in WAC 182-509-0320;
- Title II Social Security benefits (including retirement benefits, disability benefits, and benefits for survivors);
- Rental income;
- Pensions, IRAs, military retirement and annuity payments, except as described in WAC 182-509-0320;
- Dividend payments from stocks or shares held in companies; and
- Per capita distributions from gaming made by a tribe (see WAC 182-509-0340).
- When the unearned income must be counted, the agency counts the gross amount before any taxes or premiums are taken out.
- See WAC 182-509-0320 for examples of unearned income that are not counted.
This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.