Note: If a person's naturalized citizenship or immigration status does not federally verify during the initial application process, their naturalized citizenship or immigration status must be verified using the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) system, with the following exceptions:
- Client attest to not having an immigration status
- American Indians/Alaska natives (See American Indians/Alaska Natives entry below for required documentation)
- Qualified American Indians Born Abroad (See Qualified American Indians Born Abroad entry below for required documentation)
|Classic Medicaid (in Washington Connection)
||Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) - Based Medicaid (in Healthplanfinder)
|Applicants who have been granted DACA status should be coded CL in the INS Stat field on the ALAS screen
||Applicants who have been granted DACA status should be described as Not Lawfully Present in Healthplanfinder.
- For all Apple Health applications, make sure you match names, dates of birth, and immigration document expiration dates with what is on the application.
- If unable to verify that claim is still pending using the USCIS website, the individual will need to provide updated documentation from USCIS as to their current status.
Recording citizenship / alien status
See Client Demographic 2 (DEM2) Screen
Completion of the (ALAS) Screen for Noncitizens
See Aliens, Students, and Medically Indigent (ALAS) Screen