WAC 182-532-510 Family planning only program—Client eligibility
Effective November 9, 2020
To be eligible for one of the family planning only programs listed in this section, a client must meet the qualifications for that program. For the purposes of this section, "full-scope coverage" means coverage under either the categorically needy (CN) program, the broadest, most comprehensive scope of health care services covered or the alternative benefits plan (ABP), the same scope of care as CN, applicable to the apple health for adults program.
- Family planning only - Pregnancy related program.
- To be eligible for family planning only - Pregnancy related services, as defined in WAC 182-532-001, a client must be determined eligible for the Washington apple health for pregnant women program during the pregnancy, or determined eligible for a retroactive period covering the end of a pregnancy. See WAC 182-505-0115.
- A client is automatically eligible for the family planning only - Pregnancy related program when the client's pregnancy ends.
- A client may apply for the family planning only program in subsection (2) of this section up to sixty days before the expiration of the family planning only - Pregnancy related program.
- Family planning only program.
- To be eligible for family planning only services, as defined in WAC 182-532-001, a client must:
- Provide a valid Social Security number (SSN) or proof of application to receive an SSN, be exempt from the requirement to provide an SSN as provided in WAC 182-503-0515, or meet good cause criteria listed in WAC 182-503-0515(2);
- Be a Washington state resident, as described under WAC 182-503-0520;
- Have an income at or below two hundred sixty percent of the federal poverty level, as described under WAC 182-505-0100;
- Need family planning services; and
- Have been denied apple health coverage within the last thirty days, unless the applicant:
- Has made an informed choice to not apply for full-scope coverage, including family planning;
- Is age eighteen or younger and seeking services in confidence;
- Is a domestic violence victim who is seeking services in confidence; or
- Has an income of one hundred fifty percent to two hundred sixty percent of the federal poverty level, as described in WAC 182-505-0100.
- A client is not eligible for family planning only medical if the client is:
- Covered under another apple health program that includes family planning services; or
- Covered by concurrent creditable coverage, as defined in RCW 48.66.020, unless they meet criteria in (a)(v) of this subsection.
- A client may reapply for coverage under the family planning only program up to sixty days before the expiration of the twelve-month coverage period. The agency does not limit the number of times a client may reapply for coverage.
This is a reprint of the official rule as published by the Office of the Code Reviser. If there are previous versions of this rule, they can be found using the Legislative Search page.