Diabetes prevention (PEBB)
To help you reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes, try the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) powered by Omada.
On this page
Start your journey to better health
Join us for a webinar about diabetes and how to reduce your risk. In this webinar you will learn:
- What prediabetes is.
- How chronic diseases affect your heart.
- How to tell if you are at risk.
- Tips to start building healthy habits.
- Wednesday, December 14 from noon to 1 p.m.
This digital lifestyle change program combines the latest technology with ongoing support to help you build healthy habits that last. Plus, your PEBB medical plan will cover the entire cost of the program.
More than 1 in 3 American adults have prediabetes, a serious health condition that can result in type 2 diabetes. This program can help you reduce the risks for type 2 diabetes by learning lifestyle changes to:
- Improve your health.
- Feel better and more energetic.
- Build confidence by learning new habits and skills.
Clinical research shows these lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by almost 60 percent.
Subscribers and their dependents (spouses, state-registered domestic partners, and children) ages 18 and older who are:
- Enrolled in a PEBB medical plan.
- Not enrolled in Medicare.
- Meet the criteria after completing the 1-minute screener on the Omada website.
This digital lifestyle change program surrounds you with the tools and support so you can make the changes that matter most—whether that’s around eating, activity, sleep, or stress. You will get your own:
- Professional health coach
- Wireless smart scale
- Supportive peer group and more
Learn more in the Welcome to Omada video.
Take a 1-minute screener on the Omada website to see if you are eligible for the program.
Learn about your medical plan’s resources for managing diabetes.
- Kaiser Permanente NW
Online: Living healthier with diabetes
- Kaiser Permanente WA
Online: Better choices, better health
- Uniform Medical Plan
Online: Diabetes Control and prevention programs
Phone: 1-888-849-3681 (TRS: 711)
Hours: Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Pacific)