Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about HCA's customer service options during the pandemic.
Existing Apple Health (Medicaid) providers
Information for Apple Health (Medicaid) providers. Includes updating provider information in ProviderOne, links to revalidation and DSHS contact information.
On this page
To update your provider information, login to ProviderOne and select provider file maintenance.
Through provider file maintenance you can:
- Verify and update physical, mailing and pay-to addresses.
- Sign up for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) so payments go directly to your bank account.
Download and complete the Authorization Agreement for Electronic Funds Transfer (Word).
- Review, update or add information about providers associated with your group or clinic.
- Add new practitioners to a group or clinic.
- Review and add taxonomies associated to your billing and servicing (rendering) providers.
- Update any change in ownership or add an owner.
- Keep your business and professional license information up to date.
- Submit provider documents. Download our instructions for how to upload attachments in ProviderOne.
- Indicate how you plan to bill the Health Care Authority:
- Direct Data Entry (DDE).
- Electronically using a clearinghouse/billing agent or change a clearinghouse/billing agent.
- Batch transaction directly into ProviderOne (you will need a Trading Partner Agreement and conduct batch testing).
ProviderOne user manuals
Help is available! Learn more about managing your provider information using the ProviderOne user manual for business type.
- Group provider
- Facility, agency, organization, institutional provider
- Tribal health services
- Servicing (rendering) provider
- Clearinghouse/billing agent
All providers are required by the state of Washington to go through a revalidation process once every five years.
If you have questions about your DSHS/Social Service contract, please contact your contracts manager at DSHS.
Bulk modifications for existing HCA servicing only providers can be uploaded to ProviderOne using the roster spreadsheet.
To determine whether your group or facility can use the bulk modification capability, review the roster instructions for HCA providers only. If your group or facility meets the criteria listed, follow the instructions to complete a roster spreadsheet.
Once the roster spreadsheet has been completed, use the instructions for roster file upload and reviewing roster errors to upload the roster and resolve errors. (Find help for troubleshooting roster error messages.)
Phone: 1-800-562-3022, ext. 16137
Phones are open: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
Phones are closed: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.