Washington State Federally Recognized Tribes
On this page
Federally Recognized Tribes are eligible for partial reimbursement for the time their staff spend performing Medicaid administrative activities.
Eligible activities include:
- Assisting individuals in applying for or renewing Medicaid
- Providing information, or explaining about the Medicaid program and covered services
- Assisting individuals in accessing Medicaid covered services.
Tribal staff participate in a quarterly Random Moment Time Study to determine the amount of time they spend performing Medicaid administrative activities. The University of Massachusetts Medical School operates the web-based time study. The school is available to provide system related technical assistance as needed.
The Health Care Authority manages the Federally Recognized Tribes Medicaid Administrative Claiming Program and is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the program. The Health Care Authority is available to provide program assistance as needed.
- A19 Submission billing process
- Certification of Public Expenditure (CPE) Local Match Certification
- Certificate of Indirect Cost Rate
- ProviderOne client eligibility (RAC) effective: October 1, 2015
- Claiming Guide
- Tribal MER form
- 2018 Medicaid Administrative Claiming calendar
- RMTS mobile help sheet
- Technical notes - system requirements
- Tribal change of status form
- Tribal directory
Medicaid Outreach Section
P.O. Box 45530
Olympia, WA 98504-5530
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Phone: 1-800-535-6741 option 6
Center for Health Care Financing
33 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545