Washington State Federally Recognized Tribes
On this page
Federally Recognized Tribes are eligible for partial reimbursement for the time their staff spend performing Medicaid administrative activities.
Eligible activities include:
- Assisting individuals in applying for or renewing Medicaid
- Providing information, or explaining about the Medicaid program and covered services
- Assisting individuals in accessing Medicaid covered services.
Tribal staff participate in a quarterly Random Moment Time Study to determine the amount of time they spend performing Medicaid administrative activities. ForHealth Consulting at UMass Chan Medical School operates the web-based time study. The school is available to provide system related technical assistance as needed.
The Health Care Authority manages the Federally Recognized Tribes Medicaid Administrative Claiming Program and is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the program. The Health Care Authority is available to provide program assistance as needed.
- Tribal MAC CAP amendment (4/1/20)
- Tribal MAC RMTS Coordinator Manual
- Tribal MAC RMTS MAC CAP Narrative
- Tribal MAC RMTS CAP Letter
- Certification of Public Expenditure (CPE) Local Match Certification
- Certificate of Indirect Cost Rate
- ProviderOne client eligibility (RAC) (effective October 1, 2015)
- Claiming Guide
- Tribal MER form
- Tribal MAC overview
- Tribal MAC overview and participation requirements (for Tribes interested in joining the MAC program) (video)
- Tribal MAC RMTS coordinator updates (COVID-19)
- Tribal MAC RMTS program updates for public health emergency (COVID-19) (video)
- New Tribal MAC RMTS - orientation (video)
- Tribal MAC quick reference for participants (COVID-19)
- Tribal MAC RMTS mobile instructions (4/1/20)
- Technical notes - system requirements
- Tribal directory