HCA's Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program oversees the Uniform Medical Plan (UMP). PEBB's responsibilities include:
- Purchase and coordinate insurance benefits and provide contract oversight for outside vendors.
- Manage UMP administrative functions. (UMP is a self-insured plan that the PEBB Program oversees. It is not regulated by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner.)
- Provide customer service to retirees and self-pay members on eligibility, enrollment, and surcharges (and related appeals and complaints).
UMP partners include:
- Regence BlueShield
- Washington State Rx Services
- HealthEquity (UMP CDHP only)
- Puget Sound High Value Network (UMP Plus only)
- UW Medicine Accountable Care Network (UMP Plus only)
Uniform Medical Plan business partners
Regence BlueShield is under contract with HCA to provide UMP services such as:
Regence BlueShield also contracts with vendors to provide other services to UMP members.
|Washington State Rx Services
(contact customer service)
UMP prescription drug benefits are managed by a partnership of companies known as Washington State Rx Services, including:
(UMP CDHP only)
|HealthEquity is the trustee managing the health savings account (HSA) for UMP CDHP members. HealthEquity provides customer service, an online account, and other tools (such as a debit card) to manage the HSA.|
UMP Plus only
The Health Care Authority contracts with two preferred provider organization (PPO) networks that include a choice of primary care providers, specialty care providers, clinics, and hospitals. UMP Plus members choose one of the networks when they enroll.